How to Tell if an Awning is Worthy of Installation
When you choose a company for your awning installation, it can be beneficial to know how to tell a well-made awning that is durable and long-lasting from an awning of lesser quality. After all, not all awning installers use the same manufacturers, so it’s imperative to know what to look for if you want to ensure that your awning installation will last for years to come.
Here are a few questions you may want to ask before your awning installation:
- What type of fabric does the awning have?
- In terms of durability, an awning’s fabric is important. Fabrics are usually woven from one of two materials, natural fibers or synthetic fibers. Fabrics that are woven from synthetic fibers – such as acrylic – are more durable than fabrics woven from natural fibers – such as cotton – because they resist the growth of mold and mildew.
- What process is used for the fabric’s coloring?
- Some fabrics are woven and then painted with a layer of coloring. This isn’t ideal because, when exposed to the elements, the layer of paint can fade, peel, and run. Another way to color an awning is to solution-dye the fibers before they are woven into the fabric itself. This way, the awning is dyed all the way through, so you won’t have to worry about the colors fading, peeling, or running.
- How sturdy is the awning’s frame?
- Whether your awning is stationary or retractable, its installation will be permanent on the exterior of your home. To ensure that it can withstand the elements, it’s imperative that the awning’s frame is made from sturdy metal.
Sunesta has been a leading manufacturer of custom retractable awnings since 1981. If you’re looking for a company that provides an exceptional awning installation service, contact us today and one of our representatives will be happy to help you.