Sunesta has been a pioneer in the awning industry since 1981, when we became the first manufacturing company in the nation to provide homeowners with ready-to-install awning systems. Since then, we have continued to lead the industry with innovative awning technology geared towards enhancing your overall outdoor living experience. Our customers turn to us because they know they can rely on the unmatched tradition of excellence that is engineered into each and every one of our products. Every awning we custom manufacture is crafted with precision and perfection by a team of elite experts that is dedicated to providing you with only the most technologically advanced awning systems.
While we are proud of our reputation as the nation’s leading awning manufacturer, we also take pride in the fact that Sunesta’s success wouldn’t have been possible without the support from the community that helped turned our mere ideas into reality. That’s why we are excited to announce our annual $1,000 college scholarship for one U.S. undergrad pursuing a degree in business, management, or another related field – because we know just how important it is to have your potential realized and to get the support needed to fuel your future dreams.
But if you want to win this incredible scholarship that could give you the boost you need towards a brighter future, you’ll have to work for it – just like we did. So what do you need to do? Simply get those creative juices that have brought you this far flowing and put them to good use! To be considered for the scholarship, we’ll need you to write an essay that shows us you’re just as serious about your future as we are.
Check out the details below to learn more about how you can win this scholarship from Sunesta. After all, we all had to start somewhere.
Student applicants must be a U.S. undergraduate seeking a degree in business, management, marketing or related field. Applicant must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA and submit a 1,000 – 1,500 word essay entitled “Sunesta Scholarship”. The essay must be unique and creative, with a compelling perspective based on experience and opinion of the topic. The student must provide their .edu email address and full name on the essay document.
Please answer the following essay prompt:
Since 1981, we have led the industry in technological advances, and continue this tradition of engineering excellence in all our products. Every component, feature and option is designed with this focus on innovation. What do you think is the next innovative approach in marketing for the home improvement industry?
Mail your official transcript and essay to:
11320 Distribution Ave East
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Essay must be postmarked by July 15th, annually.
Winner will be selected by July 31st, annually.
Disbursement awarded by August 15th, annually.
Terms and Conditions (Sunesta.com)
- The Sunesta Scholarship funds will be submitted directly to the financial aid office that matches the student’s primary .edu email address.
- Sunesta will withhold the award if the applicant does not meet the eligibility requirements at the time of disbursement.
- In order to confirm enrollment, the winning student may be asked to provide personal information (like student ID or birthdate). If the financial aid institution requires verification to grant Sunesta access to student records, it is the student’s responsibility to communicate with Sunesta in a timely manner.
- Sunesta employees and immediate family are not eligible to apply. Sunesta Dealers and immediate family are not eligible to apply.
- In the event that no applicant meets the scholarship’s requirements for academic achievement and writing aptitude, Sunesta reserves the right to withhold disbursement.